An American actor, comedian, writer, producer, and director, Ben Stiller is well-known for portraying in the movie, Night at the Museum. His movies have grossed more than $2.6 billion in Canada and the United States only.
Ben married to his long-term girlfriend Christine Taylor at an oceanfront ceremony in Kauai, Hawaii, in 2000 but they announced their separation in a joint statement in May 2017. Without any delay let's get detailed about Ben's personal life, career, divorce, girlfriend, marriage, couple, relationship, net worth, early life, education, age, salary, cars, houses, children, spouse, affairs, height, and much more.
Ben Stiller Early life and Education
Ben was born as Benjamin Edward Meara Stiller on 30th November 1965 in New York City, USA. He was born to father, Jerry Stiller and mother Anne Meara, both of his parents were veteran comedians and actors. Being the child of an actor, his parents often took him to visit on the movie set and also had appeared in The Mike Douglas Show at the age of six.
Stiller attended The Cathedral School of St. John the Divine and completed his graduation from the Calhoun School in New York in 1983. Later, he enrolls at the University of California, Los Angeles and pursued his degree in filmmaking.
Ben Stiller Career
Ben started appearing in the television series from his early age. Firstly, he appeared in The Mike Douglas Show and later made his acting debut as a guest on his mother’s TV series, Kate McShane, at the age of nine. At the age of fifteen, he got chance to appeared on the television soap opera, Guiding Light.
In 1989, Ben wrote and appeared as a featured performer on the Saturday Night Live but he left the show after four episodes. Later, he made a short film, Elvis Stories and after it got success, he was offered to develop another short movie called Going Back to Brooklyn.
Youtube: Ben's Along Came Polly;
Moreover, Ben as a director has directed films including Zoolander 2, Tropic Thunder, The Cable Guy, Reality Bites, etc. As a producer, he worked in movies such as Duplex, Blades of Glory, The Ruins, Megamind, The Big Year, etc. Ben has also appeared in the music video such as All-Star, Bad Boy for Life, Tribute, Closer, Taylor, etc.
Ben Stiller Awards and Achievements
Ben has received dozens of awards, and here are the lists;
- Stiller was awarded an Emmy Award for "Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music or Comedy Program" for his work on The Ben Stiller Show.
- Nominated twelve times for the Teen Choice Awards, and won once, for "Choice Hissy Fit" for his work in Zoolander.
- Nominated for the MTV Movie Awards thirteen times, and has won three times: for "Best Fight" in There's Something About Mary.
- Received "Best Comedic Performance" in Meet the Parents, and "Best Villain" in DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story.
- Received the MTV Movie Awards' MTV Generation Award, the ceremony's top honor, in 2009.
- Inducted Stiller as an honorary member of the class by Princeton University's Class of 2005, in April 2005.
- Received the Hasty Pudding Man of the Year award from Harvard's Hasty Pudding Theatricals on February 23, 2007.
- Received the "Wannabe Award" at the Kids' Choice Awards on March 31, 2007.
- Awarded the BAFTA Britannia - Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award for Excellence in Comedy by BAFTA Los Angeles.
- Nominated for Best Actor at the 40th Saturn Awards for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, in 2014.
Ben Stiller Personal Life
Ben got married to his long-term girlfriend, Christine Taylor at an oceanfront ceremony in Kauai, Hawaii in May 2000. The couple met each other while filming for the Fox Broadcasting network called Heat Vision and Jack. The duo welcomed two children till now. Firstly, they welcomed a daughter, Ella Olivia Stiller, on 9th April 2002 and a son, Quinlin Dempsey Stiller on 10th July 2005.
Ben and Christine have appeared together onscreen in Zoolander, DodgeBall, Tropic Thunder, Arrested Development, etc. The couple seems to be strongly bounded but after seventeen years of marital relationship, they announced their separation in a joint statement in May 2017.
Stiller appeared on the game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire as a celebrity contestant in 2001 and won $32,000. He gave that amount to charity Project ALS. He is also a supporter of the Democratic Party and donated money to 2004 U.S. Presidential campaign, and 2008 U.S. Presidential campaign as well.
In October 2016, Ben Stiller revealed that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer in June 2014 and after surgery, he was free from cancer.
Ben Stiller Net worth, Salary, House and Car Collection
Ben earns a good sum of money in his career. Being actor, comedian, writer, producer, and director has several sources of income.
Stiller earned $2.5 million from the movie “Zoolander” in 2001, $10 million from the comedy movie “Meet the Fockers” in 2004. Similarly, he also earned $38 million in 2007, $40 million in 2008, and $53 million in 2010.
Youtube: Ben Stiller Net Worth, Salary, Cars, Houses;
Ben owns $12 million house in Los Angeles, and $5 million Value of Stiller's home in Island of Kauai, Hawai. He sold a part of his Mediterranean-style home in Hollywood Hills for $7 million in 2012. Additionally, Stiller drive Audi Q7 Audi R8, Aston Martin DBS Volante, Jaguar E Type, etc.
Allocating information from several sources, it is found out that his current net worth as per 2018 is around $200 million.