MOOC is short form of Massive Open Online Course which has been focused on online course with unlimited participation around the globe and it is available and open all the time through web. It was first made available at 2012. As, these MOOCs are the recent development in distance education which are doing great these days. MOOC provide you with additional features like interactive user forums which help to build a community for Professors, students and Teacher Assistants (TAs) for sharing the knowledge online. These days MOOCs uses closed licenses for their course materials while maintaining free access for students whereas in earlier days they often emphasized on open access features like structure and learning goals, connectivism and open licensing of content, to promote the reuse and remixing of resources. This Course has changed the face of education as this has allowed obtaining a level of education which those students can only dream of in the past. Here, I am with the list of MOOCs :
- Coursera: Coursera provides free education whoever are interested to study online for free. As, this provides the huge education platform which provides education by coping up with the top Universities and organizations worldwide. Coursera’s aim is to empower people with education which will help them to improve their lives, the lives of their families, and the communities they live in. Coursera helps in providing an access to world-class education for everyone. You can choose among 400+ courses created by the world’s top educational institution. As well as after completion of your course you can receive recognition for your accomplishment.
- EdX.org: Edx offers interactive online classes and MOOCs with the help of best universities of the world such as MITx, HarvardX, BerkeleyX, UTx and other universities. EdX is committed to research which allow them to understand how students learn, how technology can transform learning, and the way teachers teach on campus and beyond. They approach to present the best of higher education online, offering opportunity to anyone, who wants to achieve, thrive and grow. The edX platform is available as open source. EdX is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts and is governed by MIT and Harvard.
- FutureLearn: FutureLearn provides free online courses which are designed to fit around the life of the students, with short activities and clear goals to encourage them for progress on their comfortable rates. Professional educators from top international universities have created articles, quizzes, videos, to inspire every online student. To make the learning easy and as well as natural as chatting with the group of friends FutureLearner has designed such courses which helps to stimulate debate and provoke questions.
- Canvas.net: Canvas Network provides an open access to free online courses to multiple people searching out for learning their interested topics. They give teachers, learners, institutions alike the place and platform to define the world of open online learning in a way that makes sense for everyone. When it comes to interaction with new people from different corner of the world feels great and when that is because of learning the things that is even great so canvas network provide an amazing platform to have your entire dream comes true in an imaginative way.
- CourseSites: CourseSites is a free, hosted online course provider which hosts online course creation and facilitation service. This empowers individual k-12 teachers, universities instructors, teachers and community educators. CourseSites open education resources and engage students in social learning through interactive environment along with accessing the performance of the students and managing their grades.