Insomnia and its causes
Insomnia is a term used to define the condition when a person is unable to fall asleep or to stay asleep as desired. So, simply it's sleeplessness. Well, its sounds so simple but its the major problem around the whole world recently and scientists are still unable to find the proper cause of the insomnia . Insomnia can be categorized into two types;
- Primary/Acute insomnia – It's the most common one. this one is short term and arises due to different situations like problems in the household, stress, traumas , etc but not due to any medical problems . It lasts for days to week.
- Secondary/Chronic insomnia– This one is the long term occurring for months to years. The major causes of the chronic insomnia are due to presence of other medical problems, diseases, different drugs , etc.
See Also : Herbal remedies for insomnia Insomnia itself ain't a disease but it occurs as a result of various factors . Common causes of insomnia
- Presence of any diseases
- Changing of the geographical location(moving to new places)
- Poor sleeping habits
- Drugs misuse
- Caffeine abuse (excess drinking of coffee)
- Lack of physical exercise
Simple as it sounds , Insomnia could be very irritating and can lead to various consequences. Weakness, nausea, headaches, feeling of sleepiness during daytime, decrease in thinking ability . So, it's very necessary to find out the cause of insomnia and treat it accordingly. See Also : Herbal remedies for insomnia